International Health Certificates

Please review our checklist and fill out the form below, and a member of our team will get back to you shortly. We look forward to hearing from you!

Get Started

International Health Certificates Form

Please fill out the below form below in its entirety to ensure we can provide you and your pet with the best possible care.

Please Note: Any fields with * are required.

Please note that preparing for travel to some countries can take months.

1. Information your veterinarian needs to know before completing your pet's international health certificate:

A. Where is your pet going (destination country)?

B. What is the address in the destination country where your pet will be staying?

C. What date is your pet leaving the United States?

D. When are you and your pet arriving in the destination country?

2. Work with your veterinarian to answer the following questions. Please consult the APHIS pet travel website for this information.

A. What type of health certificate is required? (Check one)

B. Is a microchip required?

C. What vaccines does your destination country require? When must the vaccines be given?

NOTE: You must have rabies vaccine certificates for all rabies vaccinations documented on the health certificate. These vaccination certificates will be required by the USDA at the time of health certificate endorsement.

D. Are any laboratory tests required by your destination country?

E. Are any treatments required by your destination country?

F. When must a physical exam of the pet(s) be performed prior to travel?

G. Check with your airline to determine what requirements they have, if any. Airlines may have separate and additional requirements from those of your destination country.

H. If you intend to bring your pet back into the U.S., there may be certain re-entry requirements, depending on where you traveled. You should plan for them now.

3. Work with your veterinarian to complete all required paperwork. Please consult our APHIS pet travel website to access the required certificate/form, when available.

4. After your health certificate has been completed, signed, and dated by your veterinarian, most countries require that international health certificates be submitted to a USDA APHIS Veterinary Services office for endorsement. Some offices offer to review health certificates prior to submission. Please work with your endorsing USDA office to determine your options for paperwork review and/or submission.

5. Travel with your pet.